Demonstration/pilot sites are hospitals that meet established criteria for inclusion and are willing and ready to implement the 10 Steps of the IMBCI, meet the IMBCO requirements for accountability and documentation, work in partnership with IMBCO, and receive specific technical support from IMBCO. These demonstration sites will implement all of the 10 Steps of the IMBCI, plus its principles and philosophy, to improve care in their facilities. IMBCO will 1) monitor and document the methods employed in each demonstration site as they seek to achieve optimal MotherBaby maternity care; 2) assist them in this process with ongoing feedback and support; 3) collect and analyze outcome results; and 4) publish and widely disseminate these findings.
To date IMBCO has received and accepted applications from the following 9 sites:
· Pavillon des Naissances, Hôpital Brome Missisquoi Perkins, Cowansville,
Centre de Santé et Services Sociaux La Pommeraie, in Quebec Canada.
· Community Hospital Feldbach, Feldbach, Austria. Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology.
· Hospital Sofia Feldman, Belo Horizonte, Brazil
· Kwazakhele Unit, Port Elizabeth, South Africa
· Banashankari Maternity Hospital, Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
· Dr. Jose Fabella Memorial Hospital, Manila, the Philippines
· Hospital Central de Maputo, Maputo, Provincia de Maputo, Mozambique
· Beira Central Hospital, Beira, Sofala, Mozambique
· CASA Maternity Hospital, San Miguel de Allende, Guanajuato
KwaZakhele Obstetric Unit
Dr. Jose Fabella Memorial Hospital, Manila, the Philippines