IMBCI Presentations Worldwide
If you have presented the IMBCI, please notify Rae at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Prague, Czech Republic, March 2016, during the Czech Doula Association (ČAD) doula training presented by Vlasta Jirásková
- Athen, Greece at the Reich Center, a center for psychotherapy, Wednesday, January 14 at 8 pm. Presented by Maria Andreoulaki, IMBCO Country Representative.
- Prague, Czech Republic, February 2015, during the Czech Doula Association (ČAD) doula training presented by Vlasta Jirásková
- Prague, Czech Republic, February 2014, during the Czech Doula Association (ČAD) doula training presented by Vlasta Jirásková
- Peru, August 29, 2014 Liga para la Libertad del Parto presented by Roxana Braschi, MS Ed, IBCLC, LCCE, IMBCO Country Representative-Peru.
- Greece April 2013. First National Action forMotherBaby Friendly Hospitals, “I give Life! Give me the Birth I Deserve!.” Organizers: National Network of Volunteeer Support Groups for Breastfeeding and Maternity and ENCA Hellas; Supported by IBFAN Greece. Thirteen Greek cities participated in the events which included power point presentations, discussions, open events in main town squares, distribution of leaflets with the 10 IMBCI steps, media coverage and interviews, articles and facebook postings. Overall, over 500 people participated in the events on a national level – parents and non-parents, scientists and health professionals – plus all those who watched through TV, radio and internet coverage of the actions.
- Prague, Czech Republic, November, 2013, during the Czech Doula Association (ČAD) doula training presented by Vlasta Jirásková
- Prague, Czech Republic, February 2012, during the Czech Doula Association (ČAD) doula training presented by Vlasta Jirásková
- Prague, Czech Republic March 27, 2012 at a seminar with the Health Committee of Chamber of Deputies of the Parliament "Homebirths - a Step Forward or Back" presented by Lucie Ryntova.
- Adelaide, Australia November 21-23, 2011 at the Women's and Children's Hospitals Australasia Annual Conference. Leslie Arnott will have an IMBCI Poster Presentation.
- Chambéry France, November 18, 2011 at "Le Colloque Parentalité - La Naissance dans tous ses états" http://colloque.parentalite.free.fr/ presented by Valerie Dupin.
- Bad Wildbad, Germany, October 18, 2011 at the Midwifery Today International Conference. Debra Pascali-Bonaro and IMBCO country representatives will hold a 1-day workshop on how the IMBCI has impacted facilities worldwide. Register at Midwifery Today
- New Zealand, August 8, 2011 to the New Zealand College of Midwives staff by Robbie Davis-floyd.
- Toronto, Canada, May 12, 2011 at the International Conference on Motherhood, Activism, Advocacy, Agency presented by Robbie Davis-Floyd.
- Washington, DC, April 9, 2011 at the Healthy Mothers Health Birth Summit presented by Debra Pascali-Bonaro.
- São Paulo, Brazil, April 5th, 2011, at the XI Course on Obstetric Pathology of the School of Medicine of Botucatu – University of the State of São Paulo - UNESP, Brazil. BOD member Daphne Rattner did the Opening Speech "Humanized Childbirth as a Reproductive Right of the Woman".
- Montevideo, Uruguay, April 1, 2011 at the Nacimiento y Calidad de Vida seminar. This seminar will be held at new Centro de Maternidad Montevideo, and the IMBCI will be presented by Flavia Previtali.
- Chapel Hill, North Carolina USA, March 12, 2011 at CIMS "Reframing Birth and Breastfeeding: Moving Forward", presented by Robbie Davis-floyd.
- Botswana, Africa, January 18, 2011 at Grand Rounds and at workshops for midwives, presented by Debra Pascali-Bonaro.
- Hungary, December 2, 2010 at the Hungarian Academy of Science presented by Csomóné Lindmayer Katalin.
- Brasilia-DF, Brazil, December 1, 2010 at the Brazilian network for the Humanization of Childbirth - ReHuNa Conference being held November 26-30, 2010. III International Conference information in English, Spanish, French and Portuguese.
- Penang Malaysia, October 18, 2010 at the World Alliance for Breastfeeding Action (WABA) Global Partners Conference session Introducing Mother-Friendly and Baby-Friendly Practices in Hospitals Together. Presented by Rae Davies and Ana Parilla
- Rotorua, New Zealand, September 2-5, 2010 at the College of Midwives 11th Biennial Conference. "The International MotherBaby Childbirth Initiative and New Zealand" will be presented by Denise Hynd.
- Strasbourg, France, September 28, 2010, at the Midwifery Today Conference. This will be a one-day IMBCI workshop where we will look at what works, discuss demonstrations sites, learn how to become an MBnet, hear success stories, and workgroups will address strategies for implementing the 10 Steps in their communities. www.midwiferytoday.com.
- Washington, DC, June 8, 2010, at Women Deliver www.womendeliver.org. "Breastfeeding, Birthing Practices, and Birth Spacing: Synergistic Interventions for Maternal Health and Survival" will be presented by Miriam Labbok, Rae Davies, and Mareen Norton.
- Ottawa, Canada on Parliament Hill May 10, 2010 the House of Commons Standing Committee on the Status of Women for a study on Maternal and Child Health. The IMBCI was included in the presentation by Lorraine Fontaine.
- Paris, France May 27-28, 2010 at the 8th French Doula Convention http://www.doulas.info/jdd2010-en.php. The IMBCI will be presented by Valerie Dupin.
- Austin, Texas, February 25, 2010 at the MotherBaby International Day event in collaboration with the CIMS Forum see www.motherfriendly.org.
- The Netherlands, Slovenia, and Austria, November and December 2009. Presentations by Debra Pascali-Bonaro.
- Prague, Czech Republic November 13, 2009 a the seminar "Psychology of Birth" for maternity care experts, presented by Lucia Ryntova
- Christchurch, New Zealand, October 9-11, 2009 at the National Homebirth Conference Birth Without Fear, a discussion on the IMBCI led by Denise Hynd, Midwife
- Cape Town, South Africa, October 4-9, 2009, at FIGO World Congress of Gynecology and Obstetrics, presented by Rodolfo Gomez, MD http://22.214.171.124/ciw-09figo/index.cfm?fuseaction=CIS2002&hoofdnav=Abstracts&content=abs.details&what=FREE%20TEXT&searchtext=IMBCO&topicselected=*&selection=ABSTRACT&qryStartRowDetail=1
- Grange-over-Sands, UK, June 9-12 at the Normal Birth Conference presented by Robbie Davis-Floyd
- Oporto, Portugal-2009, II International Conference of Humanization of Childbirth presented by Ricardo Jones, MD
- Prague, Czech Republic, June 6, 2009 for Ministry of Health, Round Table on Childbirth presented by Lucie Ryntova
- Tacuarembó, Uruguay May 2009 at Hospital de Tacuarembó presented by Flavia Previtali
- Estonia, March 18, 2009 at the Midwifery School in Tallinn present by Debra Pascali-Bonaro
- Pacific Grove, California, April 27, 2009 at the APPPAH International Congress presented by Robbie Davis-Floyd
- Prague, Czech Republic, April 2009 at Charles University for the Psychology students presented by Lucie Ryntova
- Zlin, Czech Republic, April 2009 at the International Congress of Midwives, organized by the University of Zlin, Institute of Health Care Studies presented by Lucie Ryntova
- Madrid, Spain, May 2009 at the European Network of Childbirth Associations conference presented by Eliska Kodysova
- Uruguay, South America, at the Sexual Health and Sexual Reproductive Rights Latin American Congress, presented by Rodolfo Gomez and Flavia Previtali
- Glasgow, Scotland at the International Congress of Midwives presented by Mayri Sagady-Leslie, Robbie Davis-Floyd and Debra Pascali-Bonaro
- Chiapas, Mexico at MANA presented by Robbie Davis-Floyd
If you have presented the IMBCI, please notify Rae at email@example.com.